Lotus F1 Team has announced its roster of drivers for the newly launched Lotus F1 Junior Team.
The seven drivers will be supported by the team in all areas of driving skills, physical fitness, health and nutrition, social and mental development, business ethics and principals, as well as PR training.
The drivers will contest within a variety of motorsport championships from the World Series by Renault Formula Renault 3.5 Series through the Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0 to KF category karting.
Eric Boullier, Team Principal, Lotus F1 Team;
“Lotus F1 Junior Team takes our previous i-Race Professional young driver academy and builds on it to be more closely aligned with the Formula 1 team and all the benefits brought by this association. We have announced seven highly talented drivers, many of whom will be competing against their fellow team-mates from the programme. We’re offering an in-depth and highly beneficial training regime which should encourage these drivers to develop and perform at their very best. Motorsport can be very daunting for young drivers, particularly everything that occurs away from the track, so we hope to give our drivers the very best preparation possible for their future careers.”
The 2013 Lotus F1 Junior Team
- Marco Sørensen, 22, Denmark, FR 3.5 with Lotus World Series Team
- Marlon Stockinger, 21, Philippines, FR 3.5 with Lotus World Series Team
- Alex Fontana, 20, Switzerland, GP3 with Jenzer Motorsport
- Oscar Tunjo,17, Colombia, Eurocup FR 2.0 with Kaufmann Racing
- Esteban Ocon, 16, France, Eurocup FR 2.0 with ART Junior Team
- Alexander Albon, 16, Thailand, Eurocup FR 2.0 team TBA
- Dorian Boccolacci, 14, France, Go Kart International KF category with Energy Corse