Fuelled by the excitement and anticipation of the 2014 Formula 1 season, Lotus gives its Exige S range a shot of race adrenaline with the Exige LF1 limited edition. 81 Lotus Exige S cars will receive a Lotus F1 Team inspired livery and interior trim to commemorate 81 Grand Prix victories won by the Lotus marque.
Delivering race-car thrills on the road and track, the critically acclaimed supercharged 3.5 litre V6 Exige S is well known for its focussed dynamic performance, now, with a striking bespoke black and gold paint scheme with red accents and gold 17” front and 18” rear cast alloy wheels, the Exige LF1 leaves no doubt as to its heritage or indeed to its intention!
The Exige LF1 is a car that begs to be driven; inside the meticulously designed black and gold interior ensures that the driver and passenger environment evokes the spirit of competition, the sporty details a continuity of the Formula 1 inspired scheme.
Exclusivity and performance are at the heart of the Exige LF1. Each car will be individually numbered with its own limited edition carbon fibre build plate and loaded rich with extras such as the Exige Race Pack with Dynamic Performance Management system, two-piece high performance brake discs and high-performance Pirelli P-Zero Trofeo tyres. For those drivers wanting to optimise their Exige LF1 optional Convenience Pack, heated seats and rear parking sensors are available.
The Lotus Exige LF1 brings to life the iconic black and gold livery of the 1970s and 1980s.
Each of the 81 limited edition cars will sequentially celebrate a specific Grand Prix from car #1 commemorating Lotus’ first GP victory at Monaco in 1960 to car #81 marking Kimi Raikkonen’s win at Australia in 2013.
Not only will Exige LF1 owners be guaranteed an exclusive driving experience, but they will also automatically become Exige LF1 Members. Exige LF1 Membership offers a real Lotus F1 experience including a behind the scenes tour of the Lotus Cars and Lotus F1 Team factories and a range of Lotus F1 Team gifts and memorabilia.
Jean-Marc Gales, Group Lotus CEO explained, “Lotus’ DNA is born of the Formula 1 arena and with 65 years of motorsport racing experience, 40 of those in F1 it’s fitting we celebrate our sporting origins and our race successes with the new Exige LF1. 81 limited edition cars, each one an acknowledgement to each of Lotus’ 81 Grand Prix wins, this car is intended for the truest of Lotus’ racing fans.”
The Exige LF1 makes its public debut during the second week of June, showcased in its right-hand drive guise at the Canary Wharf Motorexpo in London from Monday 9th June until Sunday 15th June and simultaneously in its left-hand drive European-spec at Le Mans 24 hours from Wednesday 11th June to Sunday 15th of June 2014.
Visitors to the 2014 Goodwood Festival of Speed can see the Exige LF1 on display from 26th until 29th June. For more details about Lotus’ activities at these events please visit the ‘Events’ section of our website 4lot.us/events.
The Exige LF1 special edition in detail
- Bespoke black and gold livery with red accents
- Bespoke exterior badges incorporating ‘LF1’ logo
- Exclusive black and gold ‘Lotus’ nose badge and wheel centres
- Pirelli P-Zero Trofeo tyres
- Two-piece high performance brake discs
- Matt gold 5-spoke 17″/18″ cast alloy wheels
- Red brake calipers
- Pirelli P-Zero Trofeo tyres
- Bespoke trim in leather and technical fabric featuring black and gold design with gold contrast piping and stitching details
- Embroidered ‘LF1’ logos on headrests and floor mats
- Embroidered ‘Lotus F1 Team’ logo on seat backs
- Individually numbered limited edition carbon fibre build plate
- Bespoke carbon fibre engine plate
- Air conditioning
- Race Pack
- Convenience Pack
- Heated seats
- Rear parking sensors
The Lotus Exige LF1 special edition comes with the following Formula 1 package within the purchase price of the car:
- A factory tour for two people of the Lotus Cars production facility at Hethel
- A factory tour for two people of the Lotus F1 Team headquarters at Enstone
- Collector’s edition owner’s pack including Exige LF1 membership card entitling members to 20% discount on Lotus Originals and Heritage ranges and 10% off Lotus F1 Team Replica collection
- Romain Grosjean 1:2 scale replica helmet
- Lotus F1 car key fob
- Lotus F1 Team USB stick
- Maximum power 345 hp (350 PS) at 7,000 rpm
- Maximum torque 295 lbft (400 Nm) at 4,500 rpm
- 0-60 mph in 3.8 seconds
- 0-100 km/h in 4.0 seconds
- Maximum speed is 170 mph (274 km/h)
- Weight 1,176 kg
The Lotus Exige LF1 is available to customers in all global markets (excluding the USA).
Fuel consumption for Exige S: Urban is 19.5 mpg (14.5 litres/100 km); Extra urban is 37.2 mpg (7.6 litres/100 km); Combined is 28.0 mpg (10.1 litres/100 km). Emissions 236 g CO2/km.