After a successful first season of racing the Elise S Cup R completes the next stage of its development and is evolved with a road focus to bring a touch of motorsport to the road-going Elise.
To ensure its race car pedigree is not lost, the Lotus Test and Development team has been putting the newest version of the Elise through its paces on the Lotus test track and the famous ‘ring’. The Elise S Cup has received the same unmistakable and unique aerodynamics as the ‘R’ version and delivers a significantly enhanced dynamic performance over the standard Elise S.
Not only does the focused ‘R’ inspired aero package have a striking visual appeal, the unique combination of front splitter and winglets, barge boards, rear diffuser, rear wing and a fixed roof create 66 kg of downforce at 100 mph and an incredible 125 kg of downforce at top speed.
As a result, the Elise S Cup generates enough downforce in the corners of the Lotus test track to beat the Elise S by three seconds. Designed for driving enthusiasts looking for a road car that can be taken on track days with ease, the Elise S Cup is a compelling alternative to race biased products.
Priced at around £43,500 including VAT (excluding on the roads costs), the standard car can be upgraded with a selection of road and track options which can be introduced according to preference. A competition spec roll hoop is fitted as standard while wiring harness modifications mean that a fire extinguisher system and electrical kill switch can be retrofitted if a phased conversion from road car to race car is desired.
Jean-Marc Gales, Chief Executive Officer of Group Lotus plc, said, “The Lotus Elise S Cup is all about the pure driving experience with the Lotus attributes of high performance, light weight and excellent ride and handling. It is perfect for the driver who desires a quick, authentic, desirable and competitive sports car.”
The Elise S Cup is the most track focused of the Lotus Elise range. Carrying the ‘Cup’ brand synonymous with the Lotus Motorsport division, it sits above the Elise, Elise S and Club Racer variants in terms of price and levels of extremity and will be available for purchase through the Lotus dealer network.
The Elise S Cup in more detail
Engine: 1.8 litre DOHC VVT-I 16 valve with charge cooled Magnuson R900 supercharger utilising Eaton TVSTM technology | Transmission: six speed manual gearbox with sports ratios | Max Power: 217 hp at 6,800 rpm (220 PS) | Max Torque: 184 lbft at 4,600 rpm (250 Nm) | 0-60 mph: 4.2 seconds | 0-100 km/h: 4.6 seconds | Max Speed: 140 mph (225 km/h) | Unladen Vehicle Mass: 932 kg | Drag Coefficient: 0.45 | Power to Weight Ratio: 233 hp per tonne.
Aerodynamic downforce: Elise S Cup Elise S
100 mph (160 km/h) 66 kg 5 kg
124 mph (200 km/h) 104 kg 7 kg
140 mph (225 km/h) 125 kg 8 kg
- Slate grey cloth and SuedeTex® interior scheme and sport seats with white contrast stitching, “Cup” logos to back rest and Lotus roundel to headrest
- Heater, electric windows, immobiliser and remote alarm, driver and passenger airbags
- Front splitter, front access panels, fixed hard top roof, barge boards, rear transom panel, roll hoop cover, rear wing and rear diffuser all in matt black.
- Matt silver mirror backs
- “Elise S Cup” decal to rear
- Union Flag decals to rear wing end plates
- Satin black Y-type lightweight cast alloy wheels, six spoke 16” front and 17” rear
- Yokohama Advan Neova AD07 LTS Tyres, front 175/55 ZR16, rear 225/45 ZR17
- Standard colour options; Solar Yellow, Aspen White, Chrome Orange, Daytona Blue, Formula Red, Toxic Green
- Individually numbered Lotus Motorsport build plate
- Competition spec roll hoop
- Sports suspension with adjustable front anti roll bar
- Double shear rear track control arms
- Sport mode Dynamic Performance Management (DPM) system
- Extended wiring harness to accommodate retrofit of FIA approved fire extinguisher and electrical kill switch systems
- Single exhaust pipe with chrome finisher
Comfort Pack: CD/MP3/WMA receiver with speakers, “Cup” logo carpet mats, sound insulation, passenger footrest, auxiliary driving lamps, central door locking.
Stand alone options
- Air conditioning
- Satin black 14-spoke forged “Sport” alloy wheels, 16” front and 17” rear
- Yokohama Advan A048 LTS tyres with satin black Motorsport Elise Cup R forged alloy wheels, front 195/50 R16, rear 225/45 R17
- Air bag delete
- FIA approved race seats
- Paint to sample
- Tow eye kit
- Harness bar and four point safety harnesses
- Lightweight 12V battery
- FIA approved fire extinguisher system and electrical kill switches
- Performance induction kit and sports exhaust system